Monday, August 12, 2013

Glitter French Tip

Hi Y'all!!  Happy Monday!!  Ugh, I know Monday.  But it's a whole new week, bright and fresh with a clean slate.  That's good, right?

And I wanted a bright start to the week, so here is my glitter French tip:
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- Pearly Brights (neon pink with blue shimmer)
Heart 2 Art- #33041 (blue diamond shaped holographic glitter)
Seche Vite Top Coat
Orangewood Stick

I bought a few of those Heart 2 Art packages at Walmart (because I loved the glitter) and was dying to try them  I used the diamond shaped blue holographic glitter from package #33014 (I already removed the blue glitter when I took the package):
I started with two coats of Nina Ultra Pro Pearly Brights (click here for review)  When that dried, it was time to start placing the glitter. I started with using the orangewood stick (toothpick would work perfectly) to place the Seche Vite top coat where I wanted the glitter, and using the same stick, I picked up the glitter individually and placed it on the nail.  My pinky shows the glitter applied that way:
Pretty, neat, orderly...pain in the tush to do.  I got bored with doing it that way very quickly.  So then I painted the top coat where I wanted the glitter, and dipped my finger into the glitter.  Then using a soft, clean brush, I brushed the excess glitter away.  Not as neat, but it goes way faster and I still like the results.  Y'all can do it either way you like :)  Just be sure to tap down the glitter to avoid having any of it stick up.
Then I used to coats of Seche Vite as top coat.  Pictures don't do the glitter justice.  It's a gorgeous glitter!  Sadly there wasn't any sun to capture all the sparkly goodness, but trust me, it's there.  The Heart 2 Art packages are $2.49 each and can be found at Walmart.  Hope y'all enjoyed today's mani!  I'll see you tomorrow for Try It On Tuesday!!  Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment