Monday, May 20, 2013

Sparkly Chevron Mani & Pedi

Hi Everyone!!  I have a big post for you today (and it's picture heavy) so I'm going to get right to it!!  Saturday was the now-a-teenager's dance recital.  I was so excited!  It was the first time to see her dance en pointe and, because we were sick the entire month of March, the first time I saw her in her costumes.  So I went out and I bought this fabulous dress to wear:
And I wanted my fingers and toes to match!  So here is the mani and pedi I came up with:
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French Crème
Sinful Colors- Black on Black
Crystazzi Rhinestones
Scotch Tape

First I want to tell you these pictures were just taken today (Monday afternoon) and I did the mani/pedi on Friday, so it wore really well.  (See, my method of placing rhinestones works, ha ha).  And second, I got a ton of compliments on them.  Yes, them.  People even noticed my toes!

To do these, I started by painting all my fingers and toes with two coats of Nina Ultra Pro French Crème.  Once that had dried completely, I used scotch tape to tape off the ends of my fingers and toes, forming a V shaped French tip.  Then I painted the V shape with Sinful Colors Black on Black.  For my big toes, I did the above, and then cut a V shape out of the scotch tape to make the Chevron shape.  And repeated the process for my accent fingers.  This will work great for short nails too.  Either make the white tips smaller or more of a v shape like I did my toes.

To place the crystal rhinestones, I just put a generous drop of top coat where I wanted the rhinestone to go, then dropped the stone there.  I love this method of placing rhinestones because it allows all of the sparkle to show and still holds them in place securely.

I LOVE how these turned out.  I hate to take them off!  I think I'll keep the pedi for a while...  I hope you like my Sparkly Chevrons.  See you tomorrow!  Happy Polishing!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment