Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Purple & Glitter

Hello Lovelies!!  I hope y'all are all doing well today.  My heart breaks for everyone in Moore, OK.  I was thrilled to hear from my Oklahoma family last night and they are all fine.  I'm praying for all the other families out there.

For today's mani, I wanted something pretty and glittery.  Since purple is my favorite color and I just got two new fabulous purple polishes, this was easy to choose:
I Used:
OPI- Purple With A Purpose
Finger Paints- Are You Hoppy?

First up is OPI Purple With A Purpose.  Love, love, love this polish!!  It's a blue leaning purple with a lavender shimmer.  The pictures show two coats.  It went on perfectly, no balding or brush strokes.  It was a wonderful consistency.  Just all kinds of wonderfulness!

Then, because you know how I am about glitter, I topped it with Finger Paints Are You Hoppy?  Are You Hoppy? was part of Finger Paints Spring collection.  It is a clear base with lavender flakies.  Pictures show one coat.  Loved this!  I didn't have to fish for the flakes.  The flakes were all kinds of fun irregular shapes.  The only issue I had was that this polish does not dry flat...at all!  I suggest when the polish reaches the tacky stage (almost dry) that you pat the flakies down.  And of course use a good top coat.

Hope y'all enjoy this.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for the ABC Challenge!  Until then, please keep Moore, Oklahoma in your thoughts and prayers.  And of course, Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment