Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day Manicure Stars, Stripes & Water Marble

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Saturday!!  I hope y'all are having a great weekend!!  Here in my corner of the south, we're taking it easy this weekend.  I think it' going to be a movie marathon weekend :)

And of course it's Memorial Day Weekend here in the states, where we remember all those who gave their lives for our country.  So, along with the Salon Perfect challenge, which was red, white and blue, I wanted to do a manicure honoring everyone who has ever served in our military.  I came up with a red and white water marble along with hand painted stars:

I Used:
Sinful Colors- Snow Me White (white crème)
Orly- Unlawful (red crème)
Pure Ice- French Kiss (blue crème)
White Acrylic Paint
Fine Detail Brush

I started this mani off by painting 4 of my nails on each hand with Sinful Colors Snow Me White,  The last two nails I painted with Pure Ice French Kiss.  I also painted half of two nails with the French Kiss.  Then I water marbled 3 1/2 nails on each hand with Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Orly Unlawful.

The stars were hand painted using a fine detail brush and white acrylic paint.  For the how I did the stars, I turned to my idol, Robin Moses!  You can watch her tutorial by clicking here.  Basically the directions are to paint an A and give it arms.  Then just connect the arms and legs.  Easy Peasy!  I don't think I did to bad for a first try.  And I was able to do both hands :)
I hope you enjoyed today's mani!  And I hope you have a fabulous, fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!  Happy Polishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment