Monday, September 24, 2012

Sparkle and Matte

As you may have gathered, I LOVE GLITTER!! Matte is not my favorite finish, but I've found I do like the effect, especially if I can combine it with sparkle!  I've fallen in love with this manicure.  It's so simple and elegant.

I used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather
NYC- Matte Me Crazy
Rhinestones- Crystazzi - SS6

Start with two coats of the China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Once dry, paint one coat of the NYC Matte Me Crazy.  The matte finish will show almost immediately.  When the matte is almost dry, just tacky, it's time to add the rhinestones.  Using the matte top coat, put a dot of polish, about the same size as the stone, where you want it.  In this manicure, I put them along the french tip line.  Then place the rhinestone on the drop and gently press down.  Continue for each finger.  Usually you would put a top coat over the rhinestones when done, but in this case it would ruin the effect.  By setting them down in the dot of polish, that will hold them just as well. (The pictures were taken 24 hours after I did the manicure and it still looks great.)  When you're done, if you see the matte polish leaking out, just apply another coat of the matte top coat to that half of the nail and it will disappear.

I absolutely LOVE how this manicure turned out.  As I'm typing this my fingers are glittering like crazy!  The only sad thing is that it was really hard to get a good photograph.  I promise this manicure is a show stopper!  And as always, if you have any questions, leave a comment or send me an email (glitteryfingers@gmail.com) I love this mani and I hope you do too!  Happy Polishing!!

Update:  It's day3 and I still have my rhinestones!


 
Outside:


No comments:

Post a Comment