Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review: Plume, Sally Hansen Lustre Shine

For the last two months, I've been watching and waiting, very impatiently, for two collections:  Sally Hansen's Lustre Shine and Orly's Fired Up.  Yesterday I found Sally Hansen's collection.  Rite Aid has them for $7.99, and they were buy one get one half off. Yea! So with my budget, I bought two, Plume (on left) and Lava (on right). 

Plume is a green and gold duochrome, but there are so many other flashes of color.  Along with the green and gold, there's blue, bronze, copper and about 3 shades of green.  Sadly the pictures don't do this polish justice.
As for the overall effect, I really like it.  It's extremely reflective and catches the light in any situation.  But there were a few things that disappointed me.  My biggest complaint is the consistency.  The polish is really thick.  I really should have thinned it out (see how here).  It actually seemed to get thicker as I went.  It also takes a bit longer to dry, even with a fast drying top coat.  But the good news is after the top coat was applied, the brush strokes disappeared.

For me, Plume is a winner!  Look for my next review: Lava!  Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment