Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inspired by a Movie, R31DC

Hi Everyone!!  I'm back among the living!  I went to the doctor today and got medicine and am scheduled for some tests.  He told me in the meantime I had to change my diet...because my food was TOO healthy!!  What the heck?  He told me no more salads, leafy green vegetables, no more whole grains or whole wheat, but to eat lots of pasta and white bread!  That just isn't going to work for me, not to mention I would gain a ton!  Besides the healthy stuff is what my normal doctor said to eat.  Why do they have to be so confusing??  Ugh!!

Anyway, today's challenge prompt is Inspired by a Movie and my movie, although it hasn't come out yet is "Catching Fire".    My daughter and I read the entire series by Suzanne Collins and LOVE IT!!  I love dystopian books anyway and the "Hunger Games" is one of my favorite series.  Here is my design;
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French White (white crème)
Spoiled- Designated Driver (yellow crème)
China Glaze- Roguish Red (a bright orangish red crème)
China Glaze- Adventure Red-y (dark red crème)
Confetti- Masquerade Ball (very dark, shimmery red)
Wet-n-Wild, Fergie- Glamorous (clear base with hexagon and micro gold glitters)

Fire has been done so many ways, and I wanted to try to come up with one more, lol.  This is supposed to look like your staring into the fire with the gold glitter being the sparks.  I started with one coat of white so the colors would pop.  Then using the eye shadow applicators, I sponged the yellow, orange, red and dark red onto my nails to represent fire. Be sure to sponge the colors on from lightest to darkest.  I wanted a rougher look than a regular gradient.  Then I topped it off with one coat of Fergie's Glamorous, a clear base with large hexagon and micro gold glitters to emulate sparks.

I hope y'all enjoy today's design and be sure to check everyone else's movie designs!  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I love your take on fire. It's perfect! I love dystopian books as well! :)

    ReplyDelete