Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3: Yellow Relaxed 31 Day Challenge

Hi Everyone!  It's Day 3 of the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge and today's prompt is yellow.  When I saw yellow, I panicked!  I hate yellow!  Out of the about 300 bottles of nail polish I own, exactly six are yellow.  They've only been worn in nail art designs, never by themselves.  So I started wondering, why do I hate yellow.  Then I remembered, my mother.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my mom, but she was obsessed with yellow.  Or more specifically, yellow, black and white together.  And not to age myself, but I grew up in a decade that thought that was a fabulous combination.  She dressed me in yellow, black and white.  She wore that combination.  Our guest room had material on it that was black with one foot yellow and black flowers (you may see those on the flower day, lol).  And this was in our bathroom:


For this design, I Used
Kleancolor- Neon Yellow
Orly- White Tips
Sinful Colors- Black on Black
Small Liner Brush

And to my surprise, I actually like it!  It does remind me very much of that unnamed decade.  I started with two coats of Kleancolor Neon Yellow. This is the one and only Kleancolor polish I own, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but  it was really thick and took forever to dry.  And despite the thickness, it took three coats to get an even look.  Then using my trusty liner brush and alternating between the white and black polish, I started drawing the geographic memories from my childhood.
Right Hand
So far I'm loving this challenge.  Come back tomorrow for Day 4: Green.  And be sure to follow the links below to see every one's yellow!  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so lovely! I adore the colors and shapes. Super fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love it on my nails, on the walls of the bathroom....

      Delete